Sunday, May 30, 2021

Heritage Jewelry


 Recently, my sister commissioned me to create a ring for her son, who was graduating from college. She wanted the ring to hold the idea of heritage. My father signet ring with a family crest on it provided the inspiration.

Having my fathers ring, with a running greyhound carved in bloodstone in front of me as I created the ring provided a lovely reminiscence, of his life and history. He received it as a gift when he graduated from college by his parents. Greyhounds symbolize, courage, vigilance, and loyalty. Certainly traits that we wish to possess. Interestingly, my father opted to wear is ring as his wedding ring as opposed to a traditional wedding band.

What a pleasure to spend time creating a piece of jewelry for someone so special at such an important mile stone in his life. Congratulations Riley as you graduate and move to your next step in what is sure to be an exciting career!

No comments:

Post a Comment